Many talent acquisition leaders have to constantly answer questions such as:
- How many vacancies can a recruiter handle?
- How many positions should a recruiter fill each month?
- When will we clear our requisition backlog?
The answer varies by recruiter experience, type of role, and hiring process, but this simple approach can be used to estimate recruiting capacity and answer those questions with data.
You’ll need the following information to build your own model:
- Historic funnel metrics (you can find these in your applicant tracking system or whatever tool you use to manage your hiring process)
- Typical activity time per recruiting stage
- Recruiter utilization percentage (% of the day does each recruiter spends on core recruiting activities)
- Total planned requisitions available now
Make your own copy of this sheet and fill in the relevant fields. Adjust your planned requisition allocation until you find a solution that works, and get back to doing what you do best!